Delivery & Returns
Most of the products displayed on our website are in stock unless otherwise indicated.
For delivery addresses not on the UK mainland - please contact us before you place your order. We are able to arrange deliveries throughout Europe and Worldwide.
For some orders we make a small additional charge to help cover the costs of delivering your order - please be assured that we keep these charges to an absolute minimum.
Below are details of how this charge will be reduced or eliminated, depending on the total value of your order.
- Less than £1000.00 - normal carriage applies
- £1000.00 and above - free standard delivery
- £3000.00 and above - free bespoke delivery - this must be selected at checkout
Whenever possible we deliver items on our standard delivery service. This is to minimise delivery costs and to ensure that you receive your order in a timely and cost effective manner. However some products must be delivered on our special delivery service due to their dimensions or weight. This will be displayed clearly on the product pages as well as in your shopping basket.
If we need to charge for delivery this will be clearly indicated on the shopping basket page before you add any card details.
Please note: If you have any access issues (i.e. narrow country lanes, narrow drive) you need to make us aware of this in the comments box when checking out. Failure to do so may incur a delivery surcharge.
For a full list of available delivery options please see below.
Standard delivery (delivery to the front door): Delivered within 3 - 5 working days using a commercial delivery service. Orders will normally arrive on a wooden pallet and the delivery drivers will unload and remove the pallet, but they are not responsible for unpacking or setting out the furniture. We endeavour to book in all deliveries & a specific weekday can be chosen at checkout. Please enter any requests, delivery instructions or access restrictions in the "Customer Requests" section of the Secure Payment Form which opens once you select "Checkout”.
Express delivery (delivery to the front door): UK mainland delivery within 2 working days using a commercial delivery service. Deliveries are dispatched the next working day and delivered the following day, without booking in. Orders will normally arrive on a wooden pallet and the delivery drivers will unload and remove the pallet but they are not responsible for unpacking or setting out the furniture. Please enter any requests in the "Customer Requests" section of the Secure Payment Form which opens once you select "Checkout”. For Saturday deliveries order by Wednesday and specify Saturday delivery at checkout (the Express delivery service is not available in the Highland and Grampian regions).
Special (bespoke) delivery: UK mainland delivery on a 2 man white glove service. Delivery drivers will unpack and position the furniture and remove any packaging. Customers will be contacted to arrange a convenient delivery date. Please allow up to 10 working days for this service. If delivery is required to Scotland please contact the office on 020 8804 7474.
Bespoke interior delivery: UK mainland delivery in 2 - 8 weeks (estimated delivery times are on the product pages). Small items will be delivered to the room of choice and left boxed. Larger items of furniture will be placed in situ, assembled if required and all of the packaging will be removed. We will keep you updated with the status of your order and expected delivery date.
We are able to arrange deliveries throughout Europe and Worldwide. Please call +44(0) 20 8804 7474 to obtain a quotation.
Customers are welcome to collect their orders from our warehouses in Enfield. To ensure your items are available for collection, please phone 020 8804 7474 prior to your arrival.
- We normally require a signature for the delivery. If nobody is in when the delivery is made, a card will be left by the carrier with further instructions on how to rearrange the delivery.
- For larger items, when special delivery is not chosen help may be required with off-loading.
- A small number of our products, as specifically mentioned, are very large and can only be sent using our special delivery service. The specialised carrier will book in the delivery. Because of this special procedure delivery normally takes 10 -14 days.
When the delivery arrives:
- Delivery will be deemed as successfully made once the product has arrived at the address specified. Signatures will be required as proof of delivery. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over. Products will be deemed to be your responsibility once they have been received by you, your agent or the intended recipient. Any loss or damage to the products shall then be at your own risk.
- Products will only be left at the delivery address without the recipient's signature if you have specifically requested this and by so doing, you accept all liability as to the completeness and security of the goods. In this case we will not accept any claims for short or non-delivery of your order.
- In case of delivery to certain locations such as hospitals, airports, hotels, ships and other business premises, the signature of any person authorised to accept delivery on behalf of the organisation shall be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Should delivery be refused at the delivery address and re-requested for another date, we may charge for the second delivery, as we met our delivery obligations with the initial delivery attempt. It is the recipient's responsibility to sign for the correct number of packages as shown on the carrier's delivery consignment note. Shortages must be noted on the consignment note where possible. You should notify us of the shortages within 3 days of delivery. If boxes look damaged on delivery we recommend the contents are inspected before accepting and signing the delivery note.
Should you have any questions with our terms and conditions, please contact our customer services team who will be pleased to offer additional advice.
We are confident that you will be happy with your purchase, which is why we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you need any assistance please call our friendly customer services team on 020 8804 7474.
Please note: We cannot offer refunds on any bespoke or made to order furniture, if the goods are faulty we must be made aware at time of delivery.
Cancelling or changing your order
- If you realise you have made a mistake and want to cancel or change your order, please alert us as soon as possible.
- Where you place an order through the Bridgman online shop you can cancel your order at any time before the goods are delivered to you.
- Following the receipt of the goods you can exchange or cancel your order by notifying us by telephone or in writing within thirty (30) days of the date on which the goods were delivered. Once received, goods that are defective, damaged, not as described or not as ordered may be returned for exchange or a full refund.
- Following the receipt of the goods items that are no longer wanted may be returned within (30) days for exchange or a refund.
Taking reasonable care of the goods
- Customers will be responsible for safely storing the goods and returning them in their original condition and packaging within thirty (30) days of receipt for an exchange or refund.
Returning the goods
- If you return products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them during transit and we recommend that you use a recorded or secure delivery method. If goods are lost or damaged in transit, we may charge you, or not refund to you, amounts that are attributable to the loss or damage.
Refunding your money
- Refunds will be made to the originally charged account within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the returned goods.
Your consumer rights
- Nothing in this Returns Policy affects your statutory rights or your rights under any contract you may have with us.